Friday, November 09, 2007

Morning ride to Kerrville, Luckenbach

Last weekend, I met Lee in Kerrville for some free breakfast (the Honda Sport Touring Association was meeting at the bike dealership there), and enjoyed some coffee and free donuts. I would have had breakfast tacos, but they didn't have any vegetarian ones. Oh well-- nothing like six donuts to get ones blood sugar level to a dangerous high. Afterwards, I rode on alone to Luckenbach. Here are a few of the photos I shot that morning:

Deep Purple--It's not just a band.



Buffalo in the Mist, soon to be a major motion picture.





Abandoned Barn and Windmill.



Iron Horse waits patiently while I pursue the perfect framing of the above shot.



This mailbox looked so forlorn I had to stop and tell it how well it symbolized the back roads of Texas. Bullet-ridden, and door hanging open like a tongue, it looked very tired.



Is this a "kitty box?"



Luckenbach signage.



The post office where ever'body is somebody.



I love this bike.



Not as much as I love this girl though.

1 comment:

Regan said...

It's neat that Amy's using two laptops at once.