Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Grand Princess from Galveston to the Caribbean

It was time for the "All about Amy spoiling vacation," since I'd had two all-guy motorcycle trips this year. I booked the Caribbean cruise on the appropriate cruise line (Princess).

We drove from San Antonio to Galveston Friday night, and spent the night at the La Quinta. The room was extraordinarily long.



I said to Amy, "You could play Frisbee in here!" She tested my theory, barely missing me (and the camera).



After an extremely long line at the check-in station (no pictures allowed, purportely due to security concerns, but I think it's to avoid off-putting potential cruisers), we boarded and found our cabin.



The cabin layout and furnishings were extremly nice. The young lady was the best addition.



At the cast-off party, we shared a bucket of beer with our new friends Jesus and Maria Magdalena. You might notice from our clothing that it was a little chilly. Our voyage to the sunny Caribbean was off to a cold and bumpy start.